ChristinasLair

Christina

The Understatement of the Year

The Understatement of the Year - Sarina Bowen 4.5 Stars

I'm just going to say a few things about my love for this book. What struck me right off the bat was how realistic this story was. It isn't anything new, but nevertheless it was refreshing. It felt like being on any college campus across the country. I loved the setting and all the characters, including the side-characters. Bella and Grans are at the top of my list.

The situations the MC's found themselves in and their struggles are exactly what life is about. There are no easy answers. Sometimes no matter how much we want to do the right thing, it doesn't always seem to work out that way. Their journey wasn't easy, and in the end you knew it wasn't over. There would still be more hard times to come, but they made progress and were on the right track and that made me happy.

There was definitely some angst going on, but it wasn't OTT or melodramatic. It was just the right balance for me.

I can't wait for Bella's book next year!