ChristinasLair

Christina

The Dangerous Seduction - A.N. Bond

This is a suspenseful story, full of intrigue and deceit. The man behind this deceit is Joseph Van Aardt. He’s a master manipulator. He’s rich, powerful, arrogant, and gorgeous. Everyone in the office fears him and he uses anyone and anything to get what he wants. And what he wants is to hire Ryan at his law firm. Ryan is an ambitious upcoming lawyer that wants nothing more to become as powerful as Joseph. Poor naïve, eager to please Ryan. He gets sucked into Joseph’s world and never sees what hits him.

The sexual tension is high between them and Ryan tries to resist and stay faithful to his fiancé, but there’s just something about Joseph that he can’t stay away from. Even though Ryan is naïve, he is not by any means innocent. He made his choices. They begin a sexual relationship and Joseph puts Ryan on the biggest case of both their careers. People begin to die and lies come to the surface. More and more, you begin to question Joseph’s motives and his intentions towards Ryan. On the surface it looks like he wants Ryan, but of course it’s not that simple. He’s a bit of a contradiction. He’s fighting for the little guys and you begin to see signs that he may actually care for Ryan, but then in the same breath he seems to be using Ryan’s attraction to him to get him to do what he wants.

The last 20-30% kicks into high gear. Secrets come out and in the end I was left with more questions and not many answers. Surprisingly this didn't bother me. I usually need some answers, at least to the glaring questions, but in this story I liked coming up with my own conclusions. So be warned - there are many unanswered questions.

Also, this is not a romance. Yes, it has some romantic undertones, but it has more of an erotic feel to it, even though there isn't a lot of explicit sex.

This was a 4 star read up until the epilogue. A half a star is added for the pure shock value. I love a book that can keep me guessing and allows me to come up with different scenarios in my head. This book fit the bill at every turn.