ChristinasLair

Christina

Almost Like Being in Love - Steve Kluger
Likes and Dislikes:

1. I loved the beginning when they were young, friends, and realizing they were falling in love. It was sweet and I was caught up with them instantly.

2. Characters: I liked both the MC's. Travis is quirky and adorable. He loves musicals and has a touch of OCD. Craig is the high school jock who grows up with the "fight for what you believe" attitude. Gordo - I loved him!!!! He is the perfect best friend. He's funny and has a sharp wit. I think the secondary characters really made this. Charleen, Clayton, Jody, Noah, and Gordo's dad. They propelled the story and got me back on track.

3. I thought the format of the book was original.

4. At times this got extremely boring. Once they were adults it went downhill. There was also too much baseball for my liking.

5. Boston is my backyard so it's always fun when names are dropped that I recognize.

6. I really liked Travis' history exam questions. Hilarious! Everything picked up once Travis decided to go after Craig. Road trips make me happy. The author did a great job at building up the big reunion moment.

7. Soap Opera Moment - When Travis started becoming Clayton's "best friend". This was a major eye-rolling moment for me. I guess it was suppose to be OTT like Travis but it went too far.

8. Disappointing ending. I had to do a double take at this one. I'm happy with the outcome but it was extremely anti-climatic.