ChristinasLair

Christina

Faith & Fidelity - Tere Michaels 4.5 Stars

This is a beautiful heart-warming love story. Evan and Matt meet each other at a time when they both desperately need a friend. They want companionship without judgment. They both need someone to talk to without the sadness and pity they usually see from others. The slow progression in their relationship is what gave this story such a genuine feel.

I really loved Matt's character. He's bold and outgoing. Evan on the other hand is shy and tentative. What moved me the most was Evan's struggle with his fears and guilt. Although at times, Evan seemed more like a high school kid rather than a grown man with 4 children. Granted he's scared and unsure of himself but some of the things he said were a bit childish.

I also wish we got more of Evan and Matt dealing with their issues together. Many times the author tells us what happens after the fact but I would have liked to have seen their thoughts and reactions first hand. Many parts of the story felt rushed, especially the sex scenes.

I loved the secondary characters, Helena and Vic, and Evan's children. All strong characters and they added depth to the story.

This is a feel-good book that made me smile.