ChristinasLair

Christina

Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1) - Dani Alexander This book was simply Brilliant. I loved every moment of it. There’s so many things I enjoyed, I don’t even know where to start.

Let's see......character development - check, intriguing plot - check, action - check, flawless dialogue - check, sexual tension (off the charts) - double check, suspense - check, humor - check. You get the picture. Everything came together perfectly in this book.

There are some characters that just stick with you, they're unforgettable. For me, in Shattered Glass, all the characters are like that. They all feel real. This felt more like an ensemble, no character is left out. Austin, Peter, Cai, Darryl, Luis, Angelica, Dave, even the parents.

I enjoyed the plot and all the twists and turns. There's a lot going on in this book and I did get a bit concerned that it may not come together but in the end it all made sense. I do think the crime/mystery aspects could have been scaled down. I had to think back and try to connect the dots because it got a bit complicated at times. But what's great is that this wasn't just a crime or a romance story. It was so much more. The complexity of the character's and their road to self-discovery propelled this book.

What I loved most was the author's use of humor. There were so many laugh out loud moments, I can't even begin to count. This however, did not deter from the serious issues that arose in the book. The author created a balance that worked. It allowed you to think about the issues yourself without smacking you in the face with them.

Geez, what else can I rave about? I can't forget to mention the hilarious chapter headings and above all the Bunny Slippers! I really hope we see them again, even if it's just in passing.

My only complaint is that I wanted more!

I highly recommend this book.