ChristinasLair

Christina

The Letter Z - Marie Sexton 2.5 stars

This book had a lot potential but it fell short for me. Although, I still liked it better than Zach and Angelo's book. It was a great idea to show the fact that everyone loves differently by examining the dynamics in the two relationships. Matt and Jared had the traditional relationship while Zach and Angelo had some kinks. I'm kind of upset because this could have been great. I love reading about unconventional relationships. The concept was there and by the end I was almost convinced that this was what Zach wanted but the problem was that I didn't understand where this attitude was coming from. The first time everything went down with Cole, I wasn't even sure if this was really ok with Zach or if this was him trying to please Angelo again. It seemed to come out of the blue. I wanted more development. All of a sudden Zach says it's ok for Angelo to be with Cole but there were no boundaries set or any buildup. The next time they are out in a club Zach tells Angelo he wants to watch him on the dance floor but no sex and Angelo says "You know I won't." Why wouldn't he? Zach said ok the last time? Is sex ok only if Zach says so? This is all good if I understood the dynamics better. I wanted to know these details.

I believed Angelo could separate his emotions from sex but unfortunately I wasn't completely sold on the story.