ChristinasLair

Christina

Sticks & Stones - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban Sticks and Stones is the second book in the Cut and Run series. After the toll the murder case had on Ty and Zane, they were given a few weeks off to get their heads back together. They are both having trouble getting over the after effects and failing their psych evaluations. Ty invites Zane to go with him to his family's home in West Virginia. There we meet Ty's family and find out more about his childhood. I loved the family dynamics and seeing them all interact. There's the loving and caring mother, Mara, the strict, former military father, Earl, the supportive psychiatrist brother, Deuce, and the 'off the rocker' grandfather. They are a loving and protective family that would do anything for each other.

Ty, Earl, Deuce, and Zane decide to go for a hike into the mountains, figuring it may help to clear their heads, relax them a bit. Well, everything that can go wrong does. It's anything but relaxing. They face danger after danger and may not survive. Ty and Zane are once again tested and need to work together in order to get out alive.

What I loved about this was the fact that we finally learn more about Ty, hopefully we'll learn more about Zane in the coming books but this was brilliantly done. We see the effect of Ty's overbearing, domineering and callous father has on him. It gives us so much insight into his character. Ty also has flashbacks from his recon days which are triggered by certain situations on the mountain. My heart broke for Ty.

These two have so much baggage it makes me question whether they will ever get their heads screwed on straight long enough to admit their feelings and commit to one-another. I want to shake them both. I wonder what it's going to take for them to come around. Can't wait for more.