ChristinasLair

Christina

Cut & Run - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban I loved the characters and was drawn in immediately to the story.

FBI Special Agent Ty Grady and Special Agent Zane Garrett are assigned to work together on the Tri-State murders. This is a serial murder case which involves the deaths of 2 federal agents. Ty and Zane seem to be total opposites and collide with each other from the first time they meet. Zane is the clean cut, suite-wearing, "good-boy" while Ty is the laid back, tough guy with the "I don't give a shit about anything" attitude. Of course appearances and first impressions can be deceiving.

I loved the development of these characters. There's a lot of interactions in the form of dialogue, which I love. In the beginning, they are constantly at each other's throats. The banter got to be a bit much for my liking but the sexual tension it created was HOT. You can feel the chemistry between them.

They slowly began to trust each other and a develop a relationship. What I enjoyed most was that both men are mutli-layered. You see so many facets of their personalities. At times, especially with Zane, this made me question who the "real" him was. Funny because both men questioned each other in this same fashion.

I think the mystery/crime wasn't as well developed and this is where the book was a bit lacking for me. Parts of the mystery story line were very good and suspenseful but some parts fell a little short. Without getting into spoilers, I felt like there were many unanswered questions surrounding the killings. This is what brings Ty and Zane together and I would have liked more details about the killer.

The other big issue was the head hopping. It was annoying at first but then as I got further in to the book I was able to ignore it. The characters sucked me in.

All and all I loved Ty and Zane and can't wait to continue their journey.