ChristinasLair

Christina

Shades of Gray - Brooke McKinley

I really liked this book. The plot revolves around the relationship between Danny, a convicted criminal and Miller, an FBI agent. Miller is assigned to protect Danny from his drug boss who is trying to kill him. During this time both men battle their own internal demons. Danny has to come to terms with the people from his past that have hurt him and in turn the people he has hurt. Miller has to come to terms with his own feelings that are buried so deep he doesn't even recognize his life anymore. Throughout this book the lines between black and white, good and bad are blurred and the author did a beautiful job at bringing to life this "gray" area in both men, both as individuals and as a couple.

The story takes place in the present day but we learn about their pasts through a series flashbacks. The story is very well told. The characters are strong and realistic. I loved the build up to their relationship. I could feel their emotions, their internal struggles, uncertainties, love. Oh and their personalities, spot on. Love Danny's sarcastic wit.