ChristinasLair

Christina

Dream - Carole Cummings Finally, the world all comes together in this book! We learn who Wil truly is, while his connection to Dallin becomes more apparent. Through their journey, we learn more about their powers and their connection to the Gods, the Dominion, the Guild, the Brethren, and the Old Ones. The picture isn't completely clear but it has definitely taken shape. Of course there are still a ton of unanswered questions and the introduction of AEledfyres. In the end, can Wil actually choose himself over his Guardian? Can Dallin go through with Wil's request? I'm excited to learn how Wil's "name" fits into all of this. Not only a name, but a key. The key to his soul.

My only complaint is once again the book gets bogged down with too many details and drags a bit. I'm also getting a bit frustrated with how several key details of the story are not revealed to us. It's starting to feel like it's a brush off and not just part of the natural progression of the mystery/story. This is just something that keeps niggling at me. Half the time I feel the anticipation and the other half it feels like a big secret is being deliberately kept from the reader. Yes, this keeps us all interested and wanting to find out what happens next but I'm finding it's occurring far too often for my liking. HA, I guess I just can't deal with unknowns.

I'm glad I didn't have to wait for the third book!