ChristinasLair

Christina

Guardian - Carole Cummings

An excellent read set in a fascinating world where characterization is the focal point. Two men were brought together by fate in a world of magic, murder, politics, and religion. With each chapter, the world slowly unfolds while the characters become more and more complex. The author gives us one puzzle-piece at a time and I was constantly wondering where the next one would fit. I loved how this kept me on my toes.

Wil and Dallin totally captivated me. Wil is a tormented soul who just wants to stop being afraid. He's on the run and carrying a heavy burden full of rage and agony. At times, he exhibits almost child-like qualities but he has strength and pride. I just adore him! Then there's Dallin, who's honorable, strong, and methodical. For him, everything has to be rational and logical. They come together in this world where they both have to learn to trust and where they begin to question their beliefs and their fate.

The author did a wonderful job describing the world. It was vivid and alive. The only issue I had was that some parts of the book moved too slow for my liking.

This was my first book by Ms. Cummings but it will not be my last.