ChristinasLair

Christina

Double Blind - Heidi Cullinan 2.5 Stars

Unfortunately, this didn't live up to my expectations. I loved Randy in Special Delivery. In this book, he was just ok. I enjoyed the first half of the book but it went downhill quickly. Randy started off as cocky as ever but then turned into an over-emotional mess. I couldn't believe it. I was glad that he was able to open up and take a chance on his feelings for Ethan but it was like a dam broke and all that came out was mush. It seemed like every time I turned around, Randy and Ethan were crying. OMG, both of them were just a mess. I could accept a little from Ethan, since I felt his turmoil. It was ok from Sam because, well he's Sam but coming from Randy, it just seemed so out of character.

There were also some really great moments, like Randy and Ethan's first kiss or when Randy admitted his feelings for Ethan to Mitch and the bets were fun too. Although, it seemed like as soon as Randy and Ethan started getting closer, Randy would think of Sam or analyze his feelings for Sam or talk about Sam. It was way too much Sam and I like Sam! Did we have to witness Sam's entire therapy session? I totally get their connection, it's not what bothered me. What bothered me is that there were too many moments where Sam and Randy were the focus and Ethan faded in the background. It should have been the other way around where Ethan was front and center and Sam was in the background. Like when Randy and Sam kissed? Yes, we get it, Randy loves Sam but why make such a monumental and intimate moment between the two? I didn't get it or like it.

I was happy to see Sam standing up for himself and developing confidence while at the same time not lose himself. I also liked seeing Randy and Mitch connect even further.

So for me this book wasn't a total loss but it wasn't what I hoped it would be.