ChristinasLair

Christina

The Trap - Indigo Wren
This was a strange book for me. I really didn't care much for the characters but at the same time, I couldn't put the book down. It had my attention throughout.

Ethan, is a bossy, arrogant, over-bearing SOB and David is basically a weak push-over who's afraid to face his feelings and his past. I didn't have a problem with the "kidnapping". It's clearly wrong and I'm not condoning what Ethan did, but it's not what turned me off from the book. It was the way Ethan spoke to David and treated him that rubbed me the wrong way. Half the time Ethan treated David like a child while David just fell into role. It annoyed the hell out of me. The other half of the time wasn't so bad. There was a lot of the funny dialogue. Ethan with his sexual innuendos and David with the sarcastic insults. It was amusing.

I also didn't buy the D/s elements. Ethan could very well be a Dom and David submissive, but why focus on this? I understand Ethan needed David to trust him and force him to accept his feelings but all I kept thinking was "why not just tell David how you feel first?" Start at this point before you move on to restraining him. To me it was more about David's inability to accept his attraction towards Ethan. It felt like David was being pulled in too many directions. It made the book muddled. David is forced into coming to terms with his feelings for Ethan, his basic attraction for men, and his submissive nature, all in the matter of days. It seemed out of place to force David to accept being submissive at this point in time. I definitely see this type of relationship between the two characters in the future but it was delivered in a way that didn't seem to fit.

What I did believe was the sexual tension between the two men. I won't be forgetting their first breakfast together anytime soon. The author definitely could build up the tension.

I liked the author's attention to detail as well, the resort, the beach, the sounds, it all came to together to form a vivid picture in my mind.

So basically, this was as ok book that had many memorable parts, both good and bad.