ChristinasLair

Christina

Afterimage (In the Company of Shadows, #2) - Santino Hassell,  Ais Even better than the first. The writing got better, still a bit wordy and lots of inner dialog but nowhere near as bad as Evenfall. However, the plot did get stronger. Sin continues to steal my heart. What he goes through in this book is heart-breaking. The downward spiral of these two men and their relationship is never ending but somehow it all works.

One of the things that put me off was how quickly Boyd realizes how unstable and co-dependent their relationship is. I understand and accept the mistakes he made but the fact that he could distance himself from Sin and not flinch at his decision seems very unlike the Boyd we know from Evenfall. Don't get me wrong, I totally can see Boyd coming to this conclusion but I wish I saw a little more of his self-doubt and maybe a crack in his "let's be friends" attitude. I wish I felt more of his pain like I felt Sin's.

Their relationship also fell apart so suddenly. I wanted to see more of them together before it all went to hell.

Anyway, I love the dynamics of the story. There are still some unanswered questions but hopefully we'll get answers to those soon. We got to see Sin and Boyd as individuals as they both dealt with extreme and life altering situations. Great character and story development.

Next up, The Interludes!