ChristinasLair

Christina

Lover Reborn - J.R Ward 3.5 stars

I really loved the romance between Tohr and No’One. It’s the only thing that saved this book for me. I loved Tohr and I felt his pain and struggle throughout. The conflict between his love for Wellsie and his growing feelings for No’One were spot on. Tohr and No'One were amazing together and I felt every emotion they went through. No’One/Autumn is a strong and courageous woman and I loved her transformation.

Now here are the biggest issues I had with Tohr's story line:

I don't like the idea that the entire foundation of Tohr and No'One's relationship was built on the fact that Wellsie couldn't get into the Fade without Tohr being with another woman. I do not begrudge him happiness with No’One. In fact, I was rooting for them but this felt like a cop out on Ward’s part. I think she needed an excuse for people to believe and accept Tohr’s relationship with No’One. She underestimates her fans. What does this say about Tohr and No’One’s relationship? Yes, technically Tohr was able to let go of Wellsie without knowing if No'One would come back to him. Still the premise was based on saving Wellsie, which I didn't like.

Also, I still don’t understand why Wellsie was in the In Between in the first place? Why, Why, Why? I get the concept that souls can be stuck especially if people are holding onto them. They can’t move on. BUT this is not the lore that Ward described previously. Males are intended to react just as Tohr did. If there was a reason that Wellsie was there, other than Tohr's grief and inability to let her go, I would have understood it better.

Qhuinn/Blay/Layla – OK, this was just the most infuriating part of the book. I honestly can't take Layla anymore. She begs – begs Qhuinn to “service her”. Come on, I can't stand desperation to this extreme. Then she uses a child to get Qhuinn to have sex with her. You know she only wants cock. I know this is crude but this was so out there. Is this what you do to a friend? She knows how much Qhuinn loves Blay. And that idiot Qhuinn justifies it! I’m sorry but all of sudden he thinks it’s a good idea to have a child? He lived his entire life being on the outside because of his eyes and now just because Layla begs him to sleep with her, he thinks that it’s a good idea to become a Daddy? He forgets that he didn't want his child to have his same deformity and feel the same kind of pain he did and still does. No Way! Again another fundamental flaw in this book.

JM/Xhex - First, I must say I love everything Xhex stands for, she's a great character and I love this couple but I did not like this story line at all. It felt like a complete filler to me. I don't see the point to it unless Ward needed some early sex in the book before Tohr and No'One's acceptable time.

BoB - The assassination attempt at Assail's and the fight was so exciting. Great action. Man, I love when the brothers kick ass.

Lassiter and Assail - Loved them both. Actually, Assail has the edge here. I just love a bad boy. Speaking of which:

I can't talk about BDB without mentioning V! There can never be enough of him for my taste.

Even though I only gave this 3.5 stars, I still adore the BDB world.