ChristinasLair

Christina

Tigers and Devils - Sean Kennedy I'm in the minority with this one but I just couldn't connect with the MC's. I liked the story but for some reason I always felt distant from Simon and Declan's relationship. Whenever I started to feel something for either of them, I was shut down and the detachment just crept back up. The Fade to Black played a very minor role in my feelings. The main issue was that I never got emotionally attached to Simon. He frustrated me, he was stubborn and childish at times. Maybe it was his cynical personality that kept me at arm's length. Declan on the other hand, I liked. He was sweet and just and all around good guy.

I enjoyed the touches of humor and the dialogue. All the secondary characters were great, especially Fran! She never held back her feelings and put everyone in their place.

All and all this was an ok book. It had me smiling but lacked the emotional grip.