ChristinasLair

Christina

Keeping Promise Rock - Amy Lane

About a third of the way through this book the first word that came to mind was ordinary, then about half way through the word changed to an exaggerated melodramatic mess.  Ok that's more than one word but the only thing that didn't happen to these MC's was being hit by the plague.   Oh wait, that might have happened too.  The rest of the story was one catastrophe after another.  Then both MC's would declare what f*ck-ups they are, followed by them declaring their promises of love and devotion with the tears and stars twinkling in their eyes.  I thought MY eyes were going to tear up and get stuck from all the eye-rolling.

So, why the reason for the half star?  Well my heart isn't completely made of stone.  Some of it actually pulled at a few my heartstrings.   The texting and tweeting was fun.  Probably because Crick and Deacon had to keep it short and sweet.  No BS.   I also liked all the side characters, especially Benny.  She wasn't immune to the catastrophe bug though.  No one was!

This was my first solo Amy Lane and I have a few other books of hers but I think I am going to have to wait a long time before I pick one up again.