ChristinasLair

Christina

Blame It On The Mistletoe - Eli Easton

This had all the potential to make my go-to-happy shelf. I fell in love with Fielding as soon as he walked into the room. He is all sorts of geeky adorableness!!!!

The chemistry and sexual tension were off the charts. You could feel the sparks between them, and that first kiss was deeelish!!!!!

I'm ignoring the sappy epilogue because it's a holiday short, but I cannot ignore the following:

When Mick recalled a sexual experience he had with his friend's aunt who was thirty while he was only fourteen at the time! Fourteen!!!! Maybe this hits harder because I'm a mom but either way you cut it, it's sexual abuse. Mick didn't see it this way but it didn't get past me. This image does not belong in my head when I'm reading a fluffy sweet holiday short. It put a huge damper over the entire story.

(show spoiler)

This was only mentioned briefly and there were no descriptions but I still couldn't ignore it. It was disturbing.

*Sigh* This had everything that I adore, but sadly I couldn't get over what happened to Mick.