ChristinasLair

Christina

Bad Influence - K.A. Mitchell

Sad, sad, sad is how I feel. I love Mitchell, but this book was a royal mess and it draaaaaged. Silver's story could have had some power behind it, but all we got was his "poor me" attitude. Alongside of that was Silver's constant worry over Zeb rejecting him again. It was a huge turn-off. Then we have Zeb, the complete dud! There was nothing to him; zero character development. Plus, he's was hardly in the book. All her characters from this series made an appearance. I loved the bits from Gavin and Jamie. She gave us just enough to want more and to remember what I loved about them in the first place. Now on to Eli. I adored him in his book, but in this book, it was too much. There was nothing new or exciting to him. It bothered me because he was taking up too much time, when the focus should have been more on Silver and Zeb. Then we have Marco. All I can say is thank goodness he is not the MC in her next book. He was childish and the switch from Spanish to English drove me nuts.

My last complaint was about the sex. It was a snooze fest. I can't believe I'm saying this about a Mitchell book, but alas it's true. Mitchell has the unique ability to use sex to develop her characters, to push them beyond their limitations and boundaries, to open their eyes, and to communicate, while still being hot. This was not the case here. I didn't feel anything between this couple.

This book was disjointed and fell flat. I'm disappointed, but a couple of strikes aren't enough for me to write her off. There has been far more love for her books than displeasure.