ChristinasLair

Christina

Catch a Ghost - S.E. Jakes

This book had potential, but unfortunately it pretty much fell flat. The beginning intrigued me, and I saw the Cut & Run similarities, but I was constantly wanting for more. More characterization, more chemistry, more depth. There was so much going on with the characters and the plot, but it went nowhere. Like Cillian, for example. Why was he even in this story? We got zero explanation. To me, he was thrown in just

so he can end up being the white knight that saves the day. Let's not forget how his flirting with Proph made Tom jealous. Really??? That's all there was.

(show spoiler)

It felt like a contrived plot device that was added for dramatics, and it made absolutely no sense to me.

The thing is, I didn't dislike either of the MC's, it's just that there wasn't enough for me to latch onto. I didn't feel their connection. It seemed more like they were going through the motions. So we get from point A to point B with no development. It was all superficial.

Oh well. If I thought book 2 would be more focused, I would give it a whirl, but for now it's up in the air.